Monday, February 13, 2012

DSM 3 - field trip report~



Jean's own opinion on IAMM =)

  1. Initial statement of IAMM is to spread knowledge and awareness of Islamic culture and art.
  2. Audience of IAMM will be benefit by learning that Islamic culture and art comes in many different form ( architecture, Quran's and manuscripts, jewellery , textiles, etc... ). Not only that, it does not only show Islamic culture and art in Malaysia but also other countries in Southeast Asia as well as Middle East. Audience will be able to learn and experience new things.

  3. In the beginning, it was very interesting but slowly I come tired and bored, most probably because there were too many things too see. It does not have any special media or attraction to keep my interest up.
  4. Lighting can be better for easy reading and viewing the artifacts.

  5. I like the coins and seal part, especially the Kinjang coins because I have never seen such weird shape and design of these coins before. It is also so small that caught my attention.

  6. Beside that, there are also calligraphy coins and medallion that is very nice. What make me so interested in them is their designs which is different on each coins, which is also why it make these coins special.




  7. My impression towards Islamic Art is like a little child at his first trip. * seriously haha . At first, like a little child, I am very interested and eager to know what it is all about. After knowing what it is, I would love to touch and feel ( if can play with it) the artifacts because hands is itchy.* too bad I can't.

  8. 3 question to know more about Islamic Art
    - How does Islamic Art started in China and when?
    -Where does Islamic Art origins at and how does it spreads to other part of the world?
    -Will the current or future technology affect Islamic Art and why?




No comments:

Post a Comment